Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Sinking and It's Going to Pop

I hearby declare August to be the worst month known to me. This August alone, I have had my tenth wedding anniversary while separated, lost my job, received a second-degree burn on my leg, caught a flu-like virus, and now the air mattress that I have been sleeping on for the last appears to have a leak.

Yesterday I awoke to a water bed-like experience and thought it was kind of cool. I went ahead and pumped up the mattress before I went to bed but around 5am I again began to experience the water bed-effect so I have retreated to the futon in the living room area where the light is evil first thing in the morning.

So what do I do now? I'm unemployed and need a bed. Get another air mattress? Sleep on the crusty futon? God forbid, buy a real bed?

Buying a real bed brings about numerous conflicts and decisions -- which is why I didn't buy a bed to begin with six months ago:

1. If my husband and I were to get back together then we were planning on buying a king-size bed later on ... but that is expensive and if we don't get back together then I don't need a king-size bed unless my cats continue to enumerate.

2. If I buy a bed, should I buy matching furniture? Like, say, a whole set? If so, should I buy the good stuff that I will want long-term or should I just buy something to "get me through?" ....I guess it could always be in a spare room later.

3. A bed is hard to move. One more large item in means one more large item out and I AM getting out at some point.

I suppose I could attempt to find the hole in that monstrosity (it is a quite large air-mattress, you'd never know it is air unless you lifted up the comforter). Yes that is what I will attempt tomorrow. Not sure what the likelihood of success is but ... geez.

Anyway, August has a very very bad history for me but I won't go there tonight.


FYI Misc. catastrophic happenings in August:

*Proctor & Gamble Company introduced Crisco vegetable shortening.

*Elvis Presley died at Graceland on a toilet, his Memphis,Tenn., home, from heart failure at age 42.

*The Mona Lisa was stolen from the Louvre museum in France by an Italian waiter, Vicenzo Perruggia.

*Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling.

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic