Monday, November 26, 2007

Typical II: The Release of v1.6



me: the release today cause two problems and one could cause allot of issues

mgr: ?

me: the functionality locked message is occuring when a user clicks on the maintenance add button.

mgr: i thought that was fixed

me: (uh-oh, here we go again.) no, the lead decided it was a data issue that would go away upon deployment to production

mgr: well, have you fixed it yet?

me: (f*ck) no, there is a work-around but it is too risky. i do not believe it is a data issue.

mgr: well, then get someone else's opinion.

me: (would you just fire me already?) the database admin agrees that it is too risky.

mgr: well what caused this to happen?

me: (is this a test or does she need medicine?) i'm not sure but it seems to be traced to the removal of the caustic.aspx component.

mgr: that wasn't in the change package. the customer did not authorize that. why did you do it?

me: (f*ck, the lead screwed me again) the lead decided it could be rolled up under another change package and you concurred.

mgr: well, YOUR release may have to be TOTALLY rolled back and that's NOT going to look good. fix it.


No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic