Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunday-Before-Work-Monday-Anxiety

I have the Sunday-Before-Work-Monday anxieties.

First, there was the loss of health insurance which resulted in the "high-deductible health plan" (HDHP) which caused me to for-go multiple health treatments.

Second, the office had to be relocated an extra hour away so that my daily commute has been AT LEAST two hours a day.

Third, we were informed that due to the drastic budget-cuts of ALL our corporate customers, matching 401K has ceased to exist, we have all had to take a significant pay cut, AND we now have to pay all premiums that go along with our HDHP. Now I cannot afford the physical therapy prescribed for a pinched nerve in my neck and am trying to make due with online exercise tips and generic Massage Envy.

Currently, we are continually getting emails to let us know that a cut in staffing is coming soon. Ironically enough, I had been getting 3-4 phone calls a week from recruiters offering me interviews; that is, until our local market became saturated with unemployed IT workers laid off from multiple businesses - the latest being our no-longer-really-local brewery.

So ... I'll be spending all my spare time this week updating my web site, resume, and studying for that one last exam that will upgrade my certification.



“This country was the moral leader of the world until George Bush became president.” --
Howard Dean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Believe me, you are not alone.

CountryDew said...

I hope that things are looking up.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic