Saturday, December 19, 2009

December Melting -- Day 1: The Initial Break

12.3.09

"It felt like a gun." My phone, my books, my glassware -- all shooting the fireplace. To avoid harming the cats, I tried to redirect myself to boxes in the garage with no success. Something in my psyche had broken. I downed a bottle of benzodiazapines and started in on the heart medicine with the intent to stop my heart and to stop this craziness.


Oddly enough, I proceeded to arrange my belongings and make my bed so that no one else would have such a mess to go through. I had reached a different sense of calm so I curled up on the couch to savor it.


At some point, red and blue lights were flashing in front of my house and people were banging at the door. Still in my etheral state, I opened it.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I don't know how they knew to come looking for you but I am glad they did.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic