Monday, September 24, 2007

Shiny Happy Pills


Surprisingly, I can't say I was disappointed today when my doctor suggested we up my dose of Prozac. I'm on a low dose anyway so it doesn't matter a whole lot. I know -- I had been very proud to be doing well on such a tiny dose. After all, it was hell coming off years of the deadly Effexor. I should be disappointed to have the dose raised; however, it's been a rough year and I'm tired.


I've lived the black depression, am definitely not there now, and do not think I am close but the stress is most certainly affecting my physical health more and more. Nightmares and jaw-clenching have left my head, jaw, and neck in a ton of misery that I'm probably going to have to wear some type of appliance for.


Taking a mood-drug is not something I take lightly and I believe them to be over-prescribed. The majority of people should probably deal with their problems instead of eating a pill. Maybe they are just tired as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, personally I take my meds to prevent and avoid depression...been there, done that. Avoidance is what I choose.

Chrystal Sander said...

yeah ... at this point I agree

CountryDew said...

It's not a bad thing, it's a helping-you-along thing. It'll be okay.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic