Sunday, November 08, 2009

I'd Like To Put Down My Gun Please

Insomnia is back. I haven't been able to make myself go to bed for weeks now. It is not as if I am not tired or sleepy but that I have to practically wrestle myself just to go to bed. I can't lie still. There have been times when I've managed to sneak around the issue by sleeping on the couch but this is not reliable enough. Last night I was up until 4:30am when I finally took myself to bed with my mp3 player -- headphones in ears. I was awoken a couple hours later by a cat chewing on them. I should have known better.

Today is another rare beautiful day and I was hoping to get out and enjoy it for a change but all I can seem to do thus far is cry. I've tried everything: psychotherapy, music, relaxation techniques, warm milk, mega-drugs. Nothing helps lately. For weeks this has been going on.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

You are having a very difficult time. I wish I could help.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic