Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When The Body Attacks Itself: Follow-Up

At first I was just really sleepy (and glad to have hope for sleep); however, when I awoke the next morning, I was hardly able to get out of bed. When I did arise, I had no detectable blood pressure and could not walk straight. After moving around some, I was finally able to get a blood pressure but was not ok for the rest of the day. As I mentioned last time, there has been arguing as to whether or not I should be taking certain prescriptions for the glands that are being destroyed by my immune system. I had decided to hold off and not make any sudden decisions. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying enough attentions when the homeopathic practitioner gave me FIVE different bottles of 'natural' remedies. Despite my knowledge that these chemicals are STILL drugs, I took them. All of them (as recommended). I was too ashamed to phone my regular MD so I phoned the homeopath. By that time my bp had already skyrocketed to stroke level and crashed again. Her solution is to start taking them slowly, one at a time, let my body adjust, and see if one causes an adverse reaction. Who knows what will happen. The bottom line is to be careful when taking anything -- FDA approval or not.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

This stuff may take a while to settle in and do what it needs to. Good luck. Thinking of you.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic