Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Best Treasures Lie Off the Path (so don't get back on)

I snuck off the worn path to track the snapping noise of twigs, found my way to a stream, and crouched still upon a rock that was just large enough for me. Though I was too late and too noisy for the furry creature I was stalking, I spotted new prey. I must have waited forever with my finger on the trigger before he finally swam back up to the surface and I snapped him quick with my Canon PowerShot:
I couldn't get close but he was still work the wait.

It was a great hike and I was overwhelmed by having such beauty surrounding me. Unfortunately, I kept seeing my reflection in windows, glasses, and such throughout the day and became enraged at such reality. The human condition is too difficult. I don't know why we bother.


1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Glad to see you are getting out. Hiking is good. Woods are good. Frogs are good, too.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic