Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Third Attempt

Yep, this weekend marks the third attempt to dwell in the apartment. I had been exhausted, crazed, and had some sort of jaw-joint pain problem -- I assume from nightly jaw clenching -- so I took last week and stayed home. Until tonight.

I can't sleep due to strange noises in this old place: creaks, pecking, popping.

I did finally get Milo the cat over here and that was very helpful. Later, to my surprise, my husband brought over my other cat. I know it was a big effort on his part to do that because he loves our cats as much as I. Shamefully, I am immensely relieved to have them here. Though still not enough to put me to sleep for very long, his benevolent act and the presence of the cats have calmed me significantly.

They are adapting much better that I had thought they would. Their curiosities have moved them to explore all the new nooks and smells.

With the aluminum windows, it is drafty here so I am open to suggestions as to how to get rid of the draft. I can't imagine what the heating bill will be but the chill is not helpful to my myriad of fibro issues.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Heavy curtains and/or plastic across the windows can help. You can also buy fairly cheaply at the hardware store some stuff to put around the windows where you feel the drafts.

Hope that your nights get better. Glad you have the kitties.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic