Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Nocturnal Chatterings #8: Broken Doors

BAM BAM BAM ... BAM BAM BAM ... "OPEN UP I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!!!" ... "YOU'RE KILLIN' YOUR MOTHER!!!" ... BAM BAM BAM ... BAM BAM BAM ...

Years ago, those were the sounds that woke my husband and I one morning when we lived in our townhouse apartment. Sleepy and confused, it took me a few minutes to realize that my father was trying to get through the door. We decided to be quiet and hoped that he would go away. After all, what were we supposed to do -- phone the police? No, that would not work since he WAS the police.

Eventually, he went away but it took months before the frightening behaviors would stop: watching me from afar at school or work or at the apartment, threatening that mother was going to die.

When will I ever be able to go to sleep without feeling the lifetime of such behaviors? When will I be able to sleep for more than a few hours? I MuSt make this horror stop.

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic