Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Escape From Darkness

"The escape from darkness involves two stages: First, the recognition that darkness cannot hide. This step usually entails fear. Second, the recognition that there is nothing you want to hide even if you could. This step brings escape from fear. When you have become willing to hide nothing, you will not only be willing to enter into communion but will also understand peace and joy."*

Sometimes I think that this is a lesson. Recent divorce, newly-discovered infidelity, loss of job, loss of home and pets, more loss of health -- these things must be a lesson, or perhaps, a goal -- that no matter what happens to me or where I go -- that I will always be there. The chief principle in A Course In Miracles is this:

"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace."

This is what I must strive for. I am convinced that there is only one freedom in the universe and this might be it. Perhaps it is only by reaching this state of being that nothing and no one can touch me. I could be chained in the bottom of a basement but be unreachable.

*A Course in Miracles, Chapter 1:4

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic