Sunday, September 20, 2009

Foundation : Gone.


daughter:
i can hear myself;
i'm somewhere in
there..

mother:
nobody's
home...nobody's
home....

s'en allait tout simplement
routier pauvre et chantant
en tous chemins, en tous lieux
il ne parle que du bon dieu
il ne parle que du bon dieu*



There was a hole in the floor and my foot went right through it. I had not noticed that for some time now the foundation of the house I live in is missing. There are wooden frames, some wire mesh, but no foundation and most certainly nothing reliable to stand upon. I suspect the disappearance began around the time of my divorce and the thievery has continued in the form of my health decline and crawls on knocking out any others in it's path.

Now, I see cracks around the floorboard, cracks in the cement patio, a leak above the non-working fireplace. Cracks ... as if the rest of the house will fall as well.

*http://www.poe.org

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Poor thing. I hope you are feeling better.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic