Sunday, September 27, 2009

Swallowing Arsenic







Since traditional western medicine has failed to relieve my heart troubles, I go to see a doctor who specializes in homeopathic / alternative medicine. I refuse to have my ear candled or wear a magic crystal but since I don't really have much to lose at this point, I try to keep an open mind.

They ask 45-minutes worth of questions ranging from early childhood to what types of food do I crave and do I keep my belongings in order. God, I cannot even imagine my primary care physician asking me how satisfied I am with my sock drawer.

Oh, they also feel-up my ankles. Everyone wants to feel my ankles. I now have nightmares about people feeling my ankles so that if they ever do swell I will no doubt combust in a second.

In any event, by the time I am through they take six tubes of blood and this (due to my Metoprolol-pressurized blood) takes another thirty minutes.

We make all sorts of deals along the way. If I pay $129 then the $1000 food-sensitivity test will be covered even if my insurance denies it. If I pay $59 then the $250 test will be covered if my insurance denies it. I will have to pay $142 for the third test regardless. Likewise, please pay $8 to dissolve four pills of arsenicum album under my tongue twice daily.

Otherwise, we will have to wait for test results to determine if I am within reason of a reversal of symptoms. There is not much I can say about that. My decline has plateaued but I cannot wait until the next down to take action. The Metoprolol may help my heart but is eating away what little personality and psyche I have left.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic