Sunday, October 04, 2009

My Facebook Voyeurism

For months now I've been snooping around on Facebook to get a glance at people I knew "back when." I purposely have not added my maiden name or high school affiliation to my own Facebook account so that no one can easily find me.

I've gone out, looked up someone then clicked each of their friends to see who they are friends with, and from there I've worked myself around the tree.

At some point I came across a couple of people from my high school and became interested in adding them to my friends list but I haven't been able to follow through. In fact, it's become somewhat of a bizarre rut.

During some of my most loneliest nights when I can't sleep, I've logged onto Facebook only to sit staring for hours at the "Add as Friend" button for these people.

Should I click it? I weigh the pros and cons. What about the time this person was mean to me in seventh grade? What if this person has evolved into a more mature person? After all, some of us do grow up. But, do i want people to know that I have no family or home to show for my life? Will they criticize my hair or clothes like back in the day? The endless debate continues and I drag myself back to bed.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I didn't know you were on Facebook. You should "friend" me. I use my gmail account.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic