Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bloody Throats and V-Codes

I'm up early today. Last night I was really sick and fell asleep on the couch. The pulmonologist forgot to phone in for some mouthwash that I was apparently supposed to use with the inhaler so that now it seems I have nasty thrush-stuff in my throat with a fever. It is a bloody ugly painful mess. I hate them all. They forget, they don't return calls, they are careless. And now I can't even use the inhaler without feeling chemical burn on my tongue and in my throat. I hate them all.

Last week I got a requisition with some diagnostic codes from the psychiatrist. One of them had the diagnosis for "Long term use of medications." I don't recall the code and don't feel like looking for it right now but maybe later. In essence, I'm going to that doctor to get pills that will help me cope from having taken pills. Here is the description from the DSM (which apparently few doctor's read):

"Substances can produce most of the psychopathology known to humankind. ...this may include delirium, memory impairment, mood disturbance, anxiety, sleep disorders ... Perhaps the most common of these are dissociative symptoms of depersonalization and derealization..."

I hate them.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I am sorry you're still not well. Poor thing. I hope you are better soon.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic