Monday, October 26, 2009

Disease Postmarked In The Mail: A Follow-Up


Today I phoned the office of my primary care physician (PCP) and informed them of the findings and the script for Synthroid. Though they were glad to know this information, there was a very firm response against having two PCP-type doctors writing scripts for me and it was made clear that I would have to choose one over the other.

One one hand, I firmly agree. Especially with me, there can't be different doctors writing scripts -- especially when they are in different networks so that they cannot view what the other is doing. But on the other hand, I do not understand why they can't work together. The finding by the homeopath's staff speaks for itself. I'd feel guilty NOT giving them my business.

The only way around this seems to be the fact that I don't actually see the MD who works the homeopathic office. Instead, I see someone who is a naturopath. I learned allot about naturopaths today, especially this one in particular.

Apparently, they cannot practice in the state of Missouri. I think the number of states they can get licensed in is something in the teens. This makes me very sad because it is obvious that this girl is very talented. She took my medical records from the past few years, found a discrepancy, followed up on it, and made a discovery that may completely change my life if treated. How can anyone ignore that or claim it is not credible? I can also tell that she has experienced allot of discrediting of her talent and has been discouraged. In any event, I can't just stop seeing her if it turns out that she radically improves the quality of my life. That would be more than any MD has done.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I hope this helps you. Thyroid is a simple test, but doctors don't always read them correctly. I am constantly having to remind my doctor that a low normal is really low for me. Good luck.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic