Monday, April 23, 2007

Ten Lessons II


Ten more lessons I've learned from living alone in a crappy apartment:

1. My cooking is worse than I had thought and will have to splurge on a cheap microwave.

2. No need for bottle openers - kitchen drawer handles work just as well.

3. Survival on plastic ware is possible but glassware is more sturdy.

4. If I am elderly and look back on my life, am I going to care that I paid my student loans on time, showed up to work everyday at a steady job, got a promotion, and kept my laundry up? Or, will I look back to the trespassing and skinny-dipping, dancing under the stars with a nice boy to a song on the scratchy radio of the old 60-something rusted Nova, lying in middle of a wooded park watching the sun shimmer through the leaves above, speedy Ninja rides under the night streetlights, walks in the summer rain?

5. Preparing for the future is good, living in today is better.

6. Fun and side-splitting laughter are 100 times better than Prozac but harder to get.

7. I am a hoarder of ripped media and am ashamed ... though not enough to quit.

8. Do not give pity to a man or he will wallow in it and use it against you as entrapment. Same probably goes for some women (I try not to be gender-biased.)

9. I need to be able to organize my belongings once a week.

10. I do not have peers of my own age & interests but need them badly. I do not know what to do about the situation and this has been a long-term problem.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

The "peers" issue - how about joining a book club?

Maybe you'll make some friends there.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic