Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why I Need A Vacation

Tulum, Mexico
I swear to any higher power, that I HAVE to go. See the picture above? I've been there. I want to go back and never leave. I want to live there. If I had the cash, then I would live there. Unless I die, I will return there and I will return soon.
Looking back at the past couple of years alone makes me want to jump off a tall building. I've been sick with the serotonin syndrome, the effexor withdrawal, the fibro and associated symptoms, the insomnia, the torn patella and tendinitis, and the relentless unexplained infections that cause my white cell counts to soar and me to crash. I see an individual therapist, a couples therapist, a chiropractor, a massage therapist, and a score of medical doctors. I've left one job crammed with such political instability that two people had heart attacks only end up at another job where I have to work until my vision goes just to keep up. I'm living in a crummy apartment, my marriage has collapsed, and now I've accrued more debt than I have had in a long time.
I've seriously considered withdrawing all possible amounts from my credit cards, telling student loans to go to hell, packing a bag, and just disappearing. I am burned to a crisp and this is why I must take a vacation.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Vacations are good. Take one, come back rested.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic