Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fright Night Friday's Gets Better


Yesterday I uploaded a post I wrote last Friday, 2/13/09. I had unknowingly replaced Fright Night Friday with with reality tv and decided that I must no longer watch these shows because, for the most part, they are ... um ... some rich executive's attempt to make money off people in turmoil. So how did I do?

Last night I successfully avoided Wife-Swap. There have been times when the show was tastefully done and entertaining and it appeared as if some good had come out of it but the last two episodes only displayed malformed egos ranting and raving at one another. If I wanted to witness that then I'd go find someone in my own family so that I could at least slap someone (that is a saying of mine which has never come to real.)

Next up was SuperNanny. This episode was not as good as the last few but I did fall right into it. I have decided that this show is not tasteless and educational. Plus, Jo-Jo Frost is just too cute! (I rarely use the phrase "too cute!")

20/20 came on next and had an update to the previous week's show on "Hidden In America: Children of the Mountains." It appears that after airing last week's show, many people have come forward to help these unfortunate people. I had been touched by last week's show enough to get a plan together as to what could I do to help. I had not yet acted on it and most likely will not do so anytime soon but by seeing the giving of others, I felt a hope for people in general that I had not felt for a long time.

I, too, grew up in extreme poverty for the longest time. Eventually, both my parents managed jobs so that food and clothing and a warmer house was available. Though we still had to get our dental needs met on a bus. Despite the hardships, it was nothing like the Appalachia people.

I'm going to make a plan and hopefully follow through with it.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

You do know I live in an Appalachian area, don't you?

Some area of it really is as dire as they say.

But other parts of it are pretty much like your own life.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic