Friday, February 20, 2009

Fright Night Friday's Gets Worse

Last Friday I wrote this blog entry:

When I was married, my husband worked most Fridays. Since he did not share my appreciation for horror flicks, I often rushed to Blockbuster after work to snag something monstrous to take advantage of my free night. He would always know when I'd scored an especially heinous rental because the door to the basement would be locked and all lights on when he came home. I think I blogged about this in the past.

Since the divorce, I do not have so many Fright Fridays. Since my company moved one-to-two-hour commute away, Friday nights have turned into sitting-on-the-sofa-staring-at-whatever channel was on the I clicked the remote.

It was last Friday that I realized what exactly it was that I had been watching for the past couple of months. If you knew me you would not believe my new line-up: Wife Swap, SuperNanny, and 20/20.

Fright Night Fridays had turned into emotional-roller-coaster up-and-down Fridays. Last night alone, I rode the coaster with two completely different families fighting then uniting (leaving me in happy and sad tears), then another family with horrific marital woes and crazed kids managing to supposedly find peace (leaving me in happy and sad tears), then a cover story on all of those heart-breaking Appalachian families that America neglects (leaving me in happy and sad tears).

Because people take medicine for the types of emotional mood-swings I've been having every Friday for the past couple of months, I'm swearing off the wife-swapping-supernanny shows; though, I am going to do some research on the Appalachian-tragedies. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic