Monday, February 09, 2009

Keep What You Steal


Throughout the separation and divorce I banged my head against the wall in frustration wondering how could it be that two people who truly cared for each other so much could NOT work out their marriage. Today I found the answer and like many other twisted deceptions, it was glaring in plain sight all along.

It was the very sentence I uttered that held the truth -- "... TWO people who TRULY CARED for each other ..." He did not hate me but he instead felt nothing and I think that may be where I got lost and have been stumbling around for the past years. How would I have known anything else.

I think it had began to sink in a couple of months ago but just hit me today. Anyway, the worse part is that this is probably the sum of the majority of our marriage of 11 years, 4 months, and 28 days.

I should have known that if anyone were to steal my heart then of course it would be thrown it away. Thieves have no honor.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Hang in there.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic