Sunday, June 21, 2009

Real Pedals



...so, after my failure yesterday to attend the support group I decided to take a risk and go out on a ledge by dragging out my old bicycle (the type with real pedals that you push with your legs) from college. It took two months for me to put new tires on so I was afraid it would not be ready until winter. Worried about a fall or a tire falling off, I went out in the dark. I had promised myself that if something went wrong with the bike then I would pitch it to the side of the road and run back home. ...ok, walk back home.


Anyway, I successfully made it completely around the block. Surely I must be on the road to cardiovascular health since even my legs were burning, right? To push myself even further, I had some trail mix and water and THEN while taking a shower I used my big toe to rub out a small rust mark on the bathtub near the drain. I had been staring at it for a month but did not know what to do with it. Have to take the accomplishments where I can get them.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I think riding a bike takes a lot of bravery. I am scared of them.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic