Monday, June 15, 2009

When Projection Is All I Can Manage

I can't sleep again tonight and have no reason to give. The horrors that have happened to me periodically crash through my being and I am reminded that no one knows. Sometimes I think I should tell someone but most times I do not. Instead, I project myself onto someone other's story, song, fad, whatever. Sometimes I wonder if my time will come.



Born into Nixon, I was raised in hell.
A welfare child where the teamsters dwell.
The last one born, the first one to run.
My town was blind from the refinery sun.


My generation is zero.
I never made it as a working class hero.


I was made of poison and blood.
Condemnation is what I understood.
Videogames of the tower's fall
Homeland security could kill us all.


I swallowed my pride
and I choked on my faith
I've given my heart and my soul
I've broken my fingers
and lied through my teeth
the pillar of damage control
I've been to the edge
and I've thrown the bouquet
of flowers left over the grave
I sat in the waiting room
wasting my time
and waiting for judgment day


21st century breakdown.
I once was lost but never was found.
I think I'm losing what's left of my mind
To the 20th century deadline.

dream, American dream.

I can't even sleep.

from the light's early dawn

scream, American scream!

BELIEVE what you see

from heroes and cons.


No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic