Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Are You Hillary?


I was hoping that I would not blog about Hillary but I just can't keep my trap clamped. First of all, I'm not going to say who I voted for and who I support but I do have something to say for just some of the flimsy comments regarding Hillary:

1. She is a bitch. Have these people considered that she is operating in a man's world? Let me say, when you are a woman working in a traditionally man's career field then you are going to toughen up real quick if you are going to survive. This, I know firsthand. I'm not trying to be feminist here, but if Hillary were a man with her personality, resume, and experience, would she be struggling so much to get votes?


2. Her husband is a "skank" and yet she stuck with him. I do not know what the Clinton marriage is like but I do know sacrifice when one truly believes in something. It is my suspicion that this woman has suffered and sacrificed dearly. Look at the picture below, she loved this man. However, if it were me then I may very well keep Bill around so that I would not only have the stigma of being the first female president but also the first divorced president (though, I would keep him locked up in a closet).


3. She cried in public. She cried and moved on without bombing someone.


4. She can't handle the 3am phone call. After everything she has already handled, I think she can handle such a stress. This lady is tough.


To close, consider the cleverness of the following quote from Hillary's Ohio speech tonight:


"For everyone here in Ohio and across America who's been ever been counted out but refused to be knocked out, for everyone who has stumbled but stood right back up, and for everyone who works hard and never gives up -- this one is for you"


This isn't just about her own personal experiences but probably hits home for the majority of Americans and how they view themselves. It is quite effective to share experiences in such a way that almost anyone will be touched by and quite effective in rallying people together.

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

You go, girl. I wonder who they think could be female and run for office? Grandma? A soccer mom? No, it would take someone like Hillary. That is why she is there.

Chrystal Sander said...

Well, who would you want operating on your brain? An experienced neurosurgeon who is impersonal or an intern who is nice?

Anonymous said...

I like your take on Hillery. I'm Canadian so I don't know a lot about the current election race, but she strikes me as a competent person. I do think her husband is a huge liability...just because he seems to be such a stereotypical male, lol.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic