Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update From the Frontlines

Still breathing here despite the thickness of the soiled and sour air. I allow myself to remain under merciless control of the ruthless forces of illness, relationships, and work. Pleading, I tell myself to just stop it all -- GET A GRIP AND MAKE IT STOP.

Intellectually I know that I can just get the divorce, NOT cave to the pressures of work, and live outside in the world of good health instead of raising my blood pressure behind a computer.


So why don't I? What will it take? A heart-attack, stroke, renal failure? I've got to get control ... maybe make small steps and then take them. After all, what do I have to lose? End up living on the street? Tonight I took my first blood pressure pill. Yesterday I did a 24-hour-urine collection to analyze my kidney functions and then started antibiotics for about the fifth time in the past year of such unknown infections and next week I start wearing a heart monitor.

Yep, something is knocking at my door but I don't seem to know how to turn the knob.

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

I hoping you will get it all figured out.

Unknown said...

When I divorced I soon discovered that it was not an end but a beginning. Stress can take a terrible toll on a body.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic