Thursday, January 28, 2010

Out

He stood at the end of the couch refusing to go to sleep. With his dark hair lounging in front of his eyes, he insisted on more XBOX time before bed. Since he always wears red and blue, I wondered where he got those khaki shorts but knew now was not the time to ask.

I kindly informed him that now is time for sleep and time for XBOX is tomorrow. This sent him into a screaming tantrum and he headed for the XBOX to destroy it but an arm came and held him back as he cried and yelled for what seemed forever.

Finally, I could not bear it anymore and gave him thirty minutes. This is what he chose to play:


"I'm the man in the box
Buried in my shit
Won't you come and save me, save me

I'm the dog who gets beat
Shove my nose in shit
Won't you come and save me, save me

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus Christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now you've sewn them shut "*






*Man In The Box, Alice In Chains

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic