Friday, January 15, 2010

Witchery?

There may as well be a box of bones in my living room. I am so nervous having it in there. Yesterday, I received a box of funeral paraphernalia from my sister. After I opened it, all I could do was sit on the floor and let strange moaning sounds come from my throat. I have not been able to look through the box or really investigate it.

I'm not sure why it was so important that she send it ASAP but she had been after me to either go get it last weekend or she would mail it. Given that she rarely speaks to me, I find this urgency questionable. I do not understand the importance. As far as I can tell, there is an announcement, a couple of photos, some flower-type arrangement memorabilia from the funeral.

However, in addition, I saw my high-school varsity jacket and a witch's hat. Yes, a black pointed witch's hat. This was so disturbing to me that I emailed her immediately and she responded that the father put it in there because it was one of the many things the mother had been keeping and they are working on clearing out her belongings.

Could it be from my 'Phantom of the Opera' makeshift costume from high school? Could it be some passive-aggressive message telling me I am a witch for not going to the funeral? Could it be a hidden threat from the father? Or, could it just be nothing? The next to the last possibility disturbs me most but I can only act as if it is the last option. After alll, assuming something is not going to help any future relationship that might be salvaged.

In any event, my stomach hasn't stopped hurting. This seems to have stirred something disturbing in me that I can't quite put my finger on. I've already been worried that whatever feels broken inside will never mend and I won't be able to work or live life as normally as I did before the melting.

No comments:

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic