Sunday, July 20, 2008

More Shiny Happy Pills


Dr. Shrink: "I hate to see you like this. The beta-blocker has really pushed you down after you came so far. I'm not going to raise the Nortriptyline until they get your blood pressure under control so I will prescribe you some Wellbutrin to give you a boost."

Me: "I think I'm handling the new beta-blocker better." :: a pill for a pill for a pill for a ... ::

Dr. Shrink: "But still ... you seem so sluggish."

Me: "So you will stop the Nortriptyline?"

Dr. Shrink: "I don't want to stop that due to your fibromyalgia pain."

Me: "I think I just need to get more exercise and see cranio-sacral therapist more."

Dr. Shrink: "Still, you need a boost ::blah blah blah blah ...

Me: ::two antidepressants at once? what is that going to do to me? therapist won't be happy about this. Damn, she's out of town. I don't want to take anything else. I have the right to say no. ::
Me 2: ::Right to say no? You say no? HaHaHaHa ::
Me: :: stop it ::

Dr. Shrink: ...blah blah:: Plus, you are isolating and not enjoying things."

Me: ::I'm not isolating, I'm in hiding. I enjoy the pool and XBOX so... ::

Dr. Shrink: "So take this and we will see it if helps."

Me: ::why can't I stick up for myself and say no? The Dr. seems smart, nice, and practical -- unlike other MDs. Has my personality really changed? If multiple people are telling me so then maybe ... but I'm against taking these meds more than I have to because no one really knows the long-term side-effects despite what they claim. After all, they could be the whole cause of my health disaster as it is. Plus, I have to pay for them full price for all medical for the next $2000 ... I'm such a wuss ::

Dr. Shrink: "...is that ok with you?"

Me: "Huh?"

Dr. Shrink: "Will this time in three weeks work for you? I want to see how you are tolerating the Wellbutrin."

Me: "Ok" ::but I may not have taken it ::
Me2: ::wuss::
Me: ::stop it::

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I take Wellbutrin and it is an awesome drug...it helps and you don't 'feel' it. My doctor also has me taking .25 mg of Risperdal which I don't understand...or like... but I do it....it hasn't hurt.

 

Register for free widgets at www.blogskinny.com and increase your reader traffic